Description of Practice
A member of the Louis Plung & Company team since 1984, Lou became a partner in 1989 and was made managing partner in 1992. His main focus is strategic and financial planning including tax and estate planning—he is able to bring perspective to issues and then determine the proper resources and course for getting the job done. Lou serves a variety of clients, including those in the distributors, retails, professional practices, and family businesses.
Lou’s experience makes him a great asset to his teammates and his clients, alike. He strives to anticipate his clients’ needs and then over deliver on them, consistently. Lou attributes his career success to the fact that he truly cares about both the people with whom he works and his clients—and wants to see them both succeed. He sees his clients as more than just fees and his team members as more than simply costs.
Born and raised in Pittsburgh, Lou lives there to this day. He loves the city for its strong sense of community. He truly feels as though the people of Pittsburgh care about one another. Lou is married, and he and his wife, Lori, have two children, Dani and Jesse.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science in Economics (1984)
Charitable Board Experience
- Shady Side Academy—Development and Audit Chair
- Jewish Federation of Pittsburgh—Chairman
- Jewish HealthCare Foundation—Treasurer and Audit Chair
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation-National Treasurer and Local President