Description of Practice
Lora joined the Louis Plung & Company team in 2011, bringing with her more than two decades of valuable experience. She currently serves as a tax manager and works solely with business clients. She specializes in business taxation planning strategies and compliance and serves clients primarily in the manufacturing and construction industries. Prior to joining Louis Plung & Company, Lora spent 19 years working in various tax positions for CONSOL Energy Inc. and two years as an internal auditor with Equibank.
A diligent professional, Lora enjoys writing tax articles and presenting CPE sessions to staff members. When it comes to client service, her goal is to provide her clients quality answers to their questions as quickly as possible. Lora chose to pursue a career in accounting for the career stability that it offered—accountants are always in demand, regardless of the state of the economy. The mother to three children, Lora attributes her career success to how having to work hard at home has translated into also working hard on the job.
Raised in Pittsburgh, Lora currently lives in Peters Township with her husband, Rick. They have been married for 24 years and have three children, Michael, Kevin, and Lauren. Lora enjoys Pittsburgh because living there allows her to experience all four seasons. In her free time, she likes cooking, traveling, and exercising.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Pennsylvania
- PICPA Online, January 2019, “What to Bring to a New Tax Preparer”
- Made in PA Magazine, Fall 2015, “Analysis of the Tangible Property Regulations”
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Duquesne University
- Master of Business Administration (1994)
- Robert Morris University
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting (1987)
- Magna Cum Laude