Joseph Zovko, CPA
P: 412.281.8771 x 242
Joe is a Partner in the Accounting and Auditing Department of Louis Plung & Company. He brings more than 25 years of accounting, auditing, and tax experience with employee benefit plans, not-for-profit organizations, and large to mid-size companies.
Description of Practice
In 2004, Joe joined the Louis Plung & Company team, bringing with him 12 years of valuable experience. He joined the firm as a senior accountant then worked his way up through the ranks to his current role as partner. Joe began his career at Louis Plung & Company performing audits as well as preparing tax returns. However, he gradually moved into the Audit Department because that is where his passion lies. He specializes in auditing and consulting in the industries of manufacturing, wholesale distribution, broker dealers, low-income housing, construction, and professional services. Joe also audits employee benefit plans and is the “go to” partner for non-profit organizations.
Joe is easy to talk to and a good listener, which makes him well-liked by clients and colleagues alike. He chose to pursue a career in accounting because he liked that it seemed as though everything was always balanced (he later found out that this is not always the case). Joe attributes his career success to his hard work and perseverance.
Joe currently lives in Gibsonia, Pennsylvania with his wife (Claire) and their two adult children, Taylor and Adam. Joe loves spending as much time with his family as possible and is an avid follower of the University of Pittsburgh men’s basketball and football teams.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- State Nominations Committee
- Pittsburgh Chapter Local Connections Committee
- BKR International
- Leadership Pittsburgh XXXII
- North Hills Community Outreach – Board Member & Treasurer (effective July 1, 2022)
- Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management – volunteer
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in Accounting (1990)
- Audit & Assurance
- Manufacturing & Wholesale Distribution
- Real Estate Development
- Professional Services
- Employee Benefit Plans