Description of Practice
In 2004, Joe joined the Louis Plung & Company team, bringing with him 12 years of valuable experience. He joined the firm as a senior accountant then worked his way up through the ranks to his current role as partner. Joe began his career at Louis Plung & Company performing audits as well as preparing tax returns. However, he gradually moved into the Audit Department because that is where his passion was. He specializes in auditing and consulting with distribution, agricultural, manufacturing, real estate and privately-held businesses. Joe also audits employee benefit plans and is the “go to” partner as it pertains to non-profit organizations.
Joe is easy to talk to and a good listener, which makes him well-liked by clients and colleagues alike. He chose to pursue a career in accounting because he liked that it seemed as though everything was always balanced (he later found out that this is not always the case). Joe attributes his career success to his hard work and perseverance.
Joe currently lives in Gibsonia, Pennsylvania with his wife (Claire) and their two children, Taylor and Adam. Joe loves spending as much time with his family as possible and is an avid follower of the University of Pittsburgh men’s basketball and football teams.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- PICPA, Pittsburgh Chapter
- Executive Committee
- PICPA Council Member
- BKR International
- Leadership Pittsburgh XXXII
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in Accounting (1990)