An Update Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
To our valued clients,
At Louis Plung and Company, the health and safety of our employees and our clients is of paramount importance. For this reason, we are taking specific precautions to protect our staff and visitors during the current outbreak of Coronavirus. With confirmed cases reported in Pennsylvania and with the potential to reach our immediate geography, we are considering the potential impact and how we can best protect our clients and staff.
According to the most recent information from the CDC, for most people, the immediate risk of being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 is low. However, we want you to feel comfortable working with our firm during this important and critical time of year.
Our office is currently open for business. As part of our plan to remain open, we wanted to share with you a few changes and enhancements to our procedures:
- While our office is open, we encourage all our employees and clients who feel ill or who have traveled to an affected region to refrain from coming into the office.
- Several of our employees may be working remotely during this time, but please be assured that our staff is well equipped to work from other locations and have full access to all necessary files and communication resources.
- We use a secure portal for sending and receiving confidential files that can be accessed via our website. If you don’t have a registered account, please contact a member of your service team at Louis Plung and Company and we’ll get you set up in just a few minutes.
- We urge you to take advantage of the option to e-sign and receive e-delivery of your tax returns this year. As a bonus, if you e-file your federal return, you often can begin tracking your refund as soon as 24 hours after IRS acceptance.
- If you have any face-to-face meetings scheduled, please feel free to conduct those meetings via phone.
Rest assured, we are monitoring this developing situation closely. If any major changes occur, such as the need for an office closure, we will update you immediately with details. Thank you for your patience and trust in Louis Plung and Company during these unusual circumstances. If you have any questions or further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (412) 281-8771.
Louis B. Plung, CPA
Louis Plung and Company LLP